Data Privacy Notice
The Malcolm Saville Society collects and processes personal information about its members. This information is gathered to enable the Society to provide its members with membership and registration services.
How we obtain, control and process data
The Society obtains, controls and processes members’ data by consent. On registering and creating their online account, or on completion of a Joining Form, members are asked to give consent for their data to be used for all or any of the following purposes:
- For membership services
- For our online shop
- For book purchases
- For the Society lending library
- For event registration
- For sharing with logged in members, according to individually stated permissions
- For the distribution of Acksherley! and Souvenir Programmes
- For Society newsletters, updates and other important information
How we use this information
- The Society only processes information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support and to facilitate the operation of the Society
- The Society only processes information necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the Society
- The Society only shares the information with people and organisations necessary to carry out the Society’s activities, and only when the data subject (information owner) has given consent
- The Society only keeps the information while the individual is a member for as long as necessary for member administration.
The data we control and process
The Malcolm Saville Society holds the following personal and other data of members in digital and/or printed form
- Telephone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Membership status
The Society will not share members’ data outside the Society itself.
Changing your consent
You may change your consent to the Society’s processing of your data at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary.
Your right of access
You may ask for a record of your data held by the Society and how it has been shared and processed by contacting the Membership Secretary.
Your right of erasure
You may ask for your data to be deleted at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary.
The Membership Secretary can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries in relation to this notice please contact the Joint Chairs of the Society at email@example.com.
The Society has a Data Protection Policy which sets out the security arrangements for personal data. It can be found on the Society website.
Further advice and information is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office, ico.gov.uk.