Terms & Conditions
The Malcolm Saville Society, whose address is 27 Whitehills Way, Kingsthorpe, Northampton NN2 8EW ('the Society’) offers you access to its website for the purchase of books and other merchandise and services offered to members. If you ('the Buyer') have any queries about our terms and conditions or any other query please contact us. We may amend the terms and conditions on which we offer you access to our services. Any amended terms and conditions will be posted on our website and the date of posting to our website specified. The amended terms and conditions will automatically become the terms and conditions on which we offer you access to our services 30 days after the date of posting to our website. These terms and conditions were created on 1 December 2021.
1. Eligibility to use our services
Use of our website to make purchases is available only to Society members. It is not available to Trade Buyers, even if they are members. Nor are non-members able to make purchases. The opportunity to join the Society is well signposted.
2. Applicability of Conditions
These conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in and shall govern all agreements (whether in writing or otherwise) between The Malcolm Saville Society and you, the buyer, for or in relation to the supply of Goods and/or Services by The Malcolm Saville Society.
3. No charges or fees for buyers viewing The Malcolm Saville Society web site
There are no registration charges or fees for buyers viewing our website. Payments are due to The Malcolm Saville Society only if you make an order and it is accepted by the Society and goods are despatched to you. You are responsible for all hardware, software, services and other costs whatsoever incurred in making offers to buy or borrow books, or other services.
4. Offers for sale by The Malcolm Saville Society
All advertisements posted on our website offering books and merchandise for sale (or library loan) made by the Society are subject to availability. An offer for sale does not constitute an agreement until the Society has accepted the order and confirmed supply.
5. Description of goods
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the pricing and availability, colours, description of products and their condition, or other content that appears on the Society website. Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that the website is completely free of human or technological errors. This website may contain typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, errors or omissions, some of which may relate to pricing and availability, colours, description of products, or other content. The Society reserves the right to correct any typographical mistakes, inaccuracies, errors or omissions — including after an order has been submitted — and to change or update information at any time without prior notice to you. Some of the products displayed on the website will also be made available at Society events.
Prior to the acceptance by the Society of your order, no quotation or website listing constitutes an offer and any quotation or website listing may be withdrawn or revised at any time. The prices displayed are quoted in Pounds Sterling and may be subject to variation and/or increased at any time, although once an order has been received from you, you will be informed of any changes in price prior to the order being accepted by the Society and the goods being invoiced to you. Details of how shipping costs may be added to certain items are provided before ordering and payment.
7. Supply and Return
Risk of damage to or loss of goods supplied to you by the Society, shall pass to you at the time of delivery, or if you wrongfully fail to take delivery of the goods, at the time when the Society (or any company working on behalf of the Society in the supply of the goods) has tendered delivery of the goods.
Goods are not supplied and sold on a sale or return basis. Unless the goods are proven to be defective, or otherwise unsaleable, or to have been inaccurately described, the Society will not accept the return of goods for any reason whatsoever, unless such return is agreed in writing by an authorised representative of the Society.
We do not quote dates for delivery of goods but will make our best efforts to despatch as soon as possible. The Society shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of goods howsoever caused.
Delivery will normally be made using Royal Mail standard services. Should any additional charges be incurred by the Society in complying with any special requests for delivery made by you the buyer, these costs will be payable by you.
Our terms are strictly net and there is no separate facility for credit.
All orders must be paid for in advance by credit or debit card. By arrangement the Society will only accept personal UK cheques if contacted in advance, through the Contact page of the website.
By browsing and using this website you agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The term ‘The Malcolm Saville Society’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 Whitehills Way, Kingsthorpe, Northampton NN2 8EW. We are a voluntary organisation, established to remember the author and to promote awareness of his work. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and/or the Estate of the late Malcolm Saville. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Except where otherwise specified you are not entitled to copy, direct-link or otherwise create derivative works of materials without prior written permission. Content is protected under the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s)
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.